Program Policy Documents
The following are documents that provide details on the policy guidelines for the Virginia Master Naturalist program.
- Volunteer Policy Handbook: This document should be used by individual volunteers and by chapters. It details expectations for volunteer conduct, training, service projects, reporting, etc.
- Chapter Chartering Guidelines: This document details each step of the chapter chartering process and is for use by Local Coordinating Committees and individuals interested in starting new chapters.
- Guidelines for Basic Training: This document is for use at the chapter level. It details the statewide guidelines for chapter training courses. It also includes the core and complete sets of curriculum objectives for these courses.
- Chapter Operating Handbook (MS Word): This document is a template for use at the chapter level. It details the duties of each officer and the Board of Directors for a chapter. This is just a starting point; chapters should adapt it as needed.
- Chapter Bylaws (MS Word): This document is for use at the chapter level. It details the rules by which the chapter will be governed. In order to get their official charter, chapters should draft and adopt their own bylaws based on this template document. The highlighted sections of the document indicate areas in which the chapter should set its own policies. The unhighlighted sections indicate statewide policies.