Risk Management Resources
As volunteers for the state of Virginia, our volunteers have certain obligations to ensure their safety and the safety of the populations they serve. Below, you will find documentation to guide you through the risk management procedures for our program.
Volunteer Enrollment Form: This document is for use by individual volunteers and at the chapter level. It includes the minimum information required to officially accept and enroll volunteers in the program. Chapters may choose to add additional questions to this form. Chapters may format the document differently, as long as the required text and questions remain the same.
- Volunteer Incident Report Form (MS Word): This document should be used under the guidance of the chapter advisor in the event of an accident or indicent involving a Virginia Master Naturalist program participant (either a volunteer or a participant in a program led by a volunteer).
- Suggestions For Conducting Reference Checks (PDF): This document contains suggestions for interviewing applicants and their references.
- Information on contracts (from VCE)
- Every Virginia Master Naturalist volunteer should receive basic training relating to risk management as part of the 40 hour basic training course. Any chapter coordinator or advisor is qualified and welcome to use this Powerpoint presentation, script, and set of handouts to provide the risk management training.
- Risk Management for Virginia Master Naturalist Volunteers Powerpoint presentation (MS Powerpoint file)
- Risk Management for Virginia Master Naturalist Volunteers presentation script (MS Word file)
- Risk Management for Virginia Master Naturalist Volunteers handouts:
- Commonwealth of Virginia Insurance Coverage for Volunteers (MS Word file)
- Planning for the Best and the Worst (MS Word file) (also in Volunteer Policy Handbook)
- Allegations of Abuse (MS Word file)
- Emergency Procedures Cards (MS Word file) (also in Volunteer Policy Handbook)
- Injury/Incident Report Form (PDF) (also in Volunteer Policy Handbook)